Friday 27 August 2010

An Artist of the Floating World by Kazuo Ishiguro

I haven't got going on The Book Thief yet but I've ordered this for next month's book group. With my London group I read Never Let Me Go - that was a while ago and I liked it but it was bizarre. I remember it as being dark and giving the subject matter (children being farmed for body parts) it probably was but I can't remember enough about it. The Remains of the Day - I just don't remember reading this but I think I have - I'm probably getting confused because of the film - so I'll have a go at this as well. So I'm on The Book Thief, I've ordered An Artist of the Floating World, I've read Never Let Me Go and I may or may not have read The Remains of the Day so it's now third on my list.




Update: I've started An Artist of the Floating World. Early days but it seems to be very readable. It flows well.

No comments:

Post a Comment